Monday 24 September 2018

Tiger Rock Liverpool | Restaurant review







Tapas style dining is fast becoming a firm favourite of mine. For the people out there who, like me, look at a menu and struggle to choose, tapas is the perfect way to try multiple things in one sitting without going overboard. 

Recently I visited Tiger Rocks North John Street branch for lunch with a friend. From 12pm - 5pm everyday small bowls & plates are 2 for £9 or 3 for £13.50  which after seeing the portion sizes is fab value for money!

What Tiger Rock say;

"Tiger Rock – driven by our passion for delicious fresh East Asian cooking, offers the best in Thai, Chinese, Malaysian, Singaporean, Vietnamese, Laotian dishes served with a twist. To accompany the small plates and bowls, we have a gin menu, a couple of bellinis and also some delightful wines and beers.
Come and enjoy Tiger Rock’s friendly casual atmosphere combined with great tunes and an array of amazing flavours from the East continent."
We ordered a couple of small plates including the pork and king prawn Shumai and soft shell crab pictured above. Not pictured was a portion of delicious spring rolls and a very generous bowl of pad thai. 
Firstly lets talk about the soft shell crab.. I don't know why it's taken me so long to try this but my god it was excellent. I understand this won't be every ones cup of tea, but if you're a seafood fan trust me, try it. Crispy deep fried crab lightly spiced with stir fried veg and salad - Delicious! 

The pad thai and shumai were also great. I love a good steamed option whenever I eat Asian food, and shumai is my go to dish every time. The mix of pork and prawn together with the crunch of water chestnuts is a firm favourite of mine, and Tiger Rock didn't disappoint. The pad thai was the perfect balance of sweet, savoury and sour with the crunch of nuts and a generous helping of veg, noodles and chicken - Whats not to like?


 The drinks menu at Tiger Rock has something for everyone, whether you fancy a cup of tea or a fancy cocktail.   We opted to wash our meals down with a couple of cheeky Bellinis, which were a refreshing take on the norm. We sampled the Gin Rose Bellini and the Pomegranate Elderflower Bellini and I would absolutely order these again. 


It was on the recommendation from my friend that we strayed away from our usual lunch date spot (Nandos - sorry not sorry) and tried Tiger Rock, and I would certainly go back again. For those of you local to Liverpool, there are even two branches open, the City Centre and Smithdown Road too. 

3 Photos above directly sourced from Tiger Rocks website | Click images for website 

Overall I was really satisfied with my visit to Tiger Rock. The food and drink quality were excellent and there are several things on the menu that I can't wait to go back and try next time. In the end we didn't order from the great value lunch menu and instead ordered from the main menus. Because of this we did spend a little more than the 3 for £13.50. The bill came to just over £50 for the two of us, but bearing in mind that that included cocktails, I would still argue that value for money was really quite good. 


Your thoughts on soft shell crab?
& Have you ever been to Tiger Rock?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...