Tuesday 30 October 2012

ROTW - Baked lemon and rosemary chicken


I'm like the one-pot queen in my flat, or well, slow cooker queen, which is actually how I would usually do this recipe, but after reading something similar online I thought I'd give the oven a chance! & my lord it was yummy! This is probably one of my favourite dishes right now.
Its a really fresh dish & great for if you're feeling a little under the weather, because leftovers can be turned into the most delicious soup too! (add some chicken stock & blend)
But anyways, heres how I do my one pot lemon chicken!
 
 
Ingredients: (serves 4)
  • 8 chicken portions (use a mix of legs, thighs and breasts if possible)
  • 500g new potatoes, halved lengthways
  • 2 lemons, cut into wedges
  • 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
  • A glass of white wine
  • 4 tbsp olive oil  
 
Basic method:
1. Put the chicken portions into a roasting tin with the new potatoes, lemons, fresh rosemary sprigs, white wine, olive oil and season well.
 
2. Bake, uncovered in a preheated oven at 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4 for 40-50 minutes, until tender and golden.
 
  Handy tips:
On reflection, I found that basting the chicken halfway through really helped keep the chicken moist & succlent. If you're worried about your meat drying out, you can also cover the roasting tin with baking foil for the first 30 minutes, & remove the foil to crisp up the chicken skin.
 
TOP TIP - For those of you watching your waist. Remove the skin as its the fattiest part!



Would you try this recipe?
- Also don't foget to come back on friday for the launch of my first ever giveaway!

 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Great post! Oh my days...This looks amazing!!!! I am definately going to try this and test it on the hubby to be!
    Emma
    x
    yorkshirepud123.blogspot.co.uk
    100 follower nail goodies giveaway happening now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this looks amazing, need to try this! xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG it looks delicious! I will certainly be trying this one! We eat alot of chicken so this will be a nice twist <3 @cherrybombbtq http://getthrifty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so so yummy! :)
    Glad you guys like it
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...