Saturday 29 March 2014

Bare Minerals | Starter kit review









 
For the longest time I've been a user of Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. To the point where nothing else seemed to look right on my skin, & I'd convinced myself it was the best foundation out there for me. Recently however, no matter what primer, moisturiser or skin polishing potions I used, for some reason I felt my foundation had become tired and claggy.
 
At the beginning of this month, I ran into a friend who had just had a makeover at Bare Minerals and as usual her skin was glowing, but I loved the idea of an all powder foundation. Lighter on the skin and an easy build up product. So naturally I towed her back to Leeds Briggate Debenhams & had my makeup done too.
 
Firstly, the lady at the counter applied moisturiser before the primer. I have really dry skin, so I have to make sure I use a heavy moisturiser every day to avoid dry patches. The primer felt slightly greasy on the skin at first but now I've been testing the products for 3 weeks I've grown to really quite like how it glides across the skin. Next she applied the foundation, to get the best results tap a small amount of powder into the lid and swell the largest brush, tapping off any excess. We built up 3 layers until I had a medium coverage, but tried to avoid the cakey look.
Next we applied a small amount of the scary looking bronzer to my cheeks and brow bone. Normally I would steer clear of such a dark product, but applied lightly it gives a lovely natural glow. & finally, paired with the mineral veil finishing powder my skin looked matte with a natural sheen.
 
After my makeover I bought the Bare Minerals starter kit which includes the primer, full size foundation, bronzer & mineral veil. As well as the three brushes, all for £50. Since buying the kit, I've wore this foundation everyday and each day I fall in love even more. Like most people, I'm prone to the occasional pimple, usually suffering from a cluster of them on my chin or the odd one around my nose. However in the last month I haven't had a single spot! - Can you believe it? I had my doubts about the primer, most primers have brought me out in spots due to my skin being so sensitive, but I have had clear creamy skin, and finally have a complexion that I'm happy with.
 
Have you tried Bare Minerals before?
 
Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Lookbook
 


8 comments:

  1. That's amazing you haven't had any break outs since using Bare Minerals! I haven't used it myself since I love liquid foundation too much, but now I'm tempted! It looks so lovely on your skin, very pretty! :)

    Frankie x
    Curiouser and Curiouser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get spots often to begin with but I haven't even had a pimple since starting with the kit! It was mainly the primer I was sceptical about, but I love it!

      -xo

      Delete
  2. Your skin looks amazing! This kit sounds like a fab introduction to the brand, and such a good price :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks chick. I thought it was a fab price, specially considering you get full size products + the brushes.

      -xo

      Delete
  3. That happens to me too - fav foundation just stops working one day?! wtf??

    OOOh I need a bare minerals makeover now!

    xXx

    Follow me too? Oh So Gawjess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really odd isn't it!? I still have my dream matte mousse, but it's definitely not my favourite anymore!

      -xo

      Delete
  4. I've wanted to try this powder foundation for so long. I think you've just inspired me to go to my local Bare Minerals counter and get my make up done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, the products are fab! I'm a complete convert.

      -xo

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...