Tuesday 30 July 2013

ROTW | Homemade summer potato salad


 




 
 A little bit of a simple recipe but one I absolutely adore. For many of you who are really well seasoned cooks this will be a pretty basic & beginners dish. But hey ho, I thought I'd share what has fast become a house favourite here in the Leeds Man Den.

So, what you'll need:
(serves 2-3)
20 baby potatoes
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
pinch of Pepper
1/4 tsp Chilli
1 Red onion
1 tbsp Light Mayonaise

Step 1: Prep your veg!
 Chop each of your potatoes into bite size pieces, this ensures they cook quickly & its a no fuss eat. also finely chop your red onion ready for softening in a pan later.

Step 2: The Cooking!
Allow your potatoes at least 15 minutes to cook in boiling, lightly salted water, until soft & cooked through. Whilst you're waiting for your potatoes, fry your onions in a pan adding a 1/4 teaspoon of hot chilli power for a little bit of a kick - If you're not a fan of chilli this bit isn't essential but it gives a slight bit of heat that I personally love.
Once the onions are softened, set a side & once cooked through, drain your potatoes.

Step 3: Bring it together!
Grab a serving bowl & transfer the drained potatoes & softened onions, mixing them together well. You can then add the table spoon of light mayonnaise and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
(The garlic salt is just for flavour, again if you dislike this, its not essential, I just find it to be tasty with both chilli & garlic added)
Once everything is in the bowl, mix well & add a few twists or a pinch of black pepper to taste.

I served my potato salad still warm with a Salt & Chilli chicken breast & a size of rocket salad.

________________________________________


This recipe, although unbelievably simple, is an amazing side dish to so many main meals or lunches. I've found myself leaning toward this even more since the weather took a turn for the glorious. And its perfect with grilled/BBQ meats or fish!

Have you ever made your own potato salad?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...