Wednesday 30 January 2013

NOTD | Galaxy Nails



Hey guys,
Bringing you a little NOTD today!
 
I haven't done an NOTD for what seems like agesss, although I have had my nails every colour under the sun lately! & after watching my lovely flat mate Rach do her nails in galaxy print yesterday I just had to have a go!
 
I wish I had a photo of Rach's nails to show you, hers have got orange tones running through too (of which I did try at first) but because I couldn't find a sponge anywhere!? - I couldn't blend the colours together very well.



 
The polishes I used were;
 MUA - Plum Noir (base)
Rimmel Lasting Finish - Azure (Win this in my giveaway)
Models Own - Show Stopper
 
Okay so basically to recreate this you will need a black or purple base, then using a sponge (or tissue if you can't find a sponge) dab your nails with the blue and blend well. Finally add a blob of fine glitter polish on the nail and blend that over
 (you don't want a tonne of glitter on there though, other wise it'll look a little bit too busy)
 
- Adding a pink tone, orange and even a few little pieces of larger glitter look great too (I will get round to doing a better example soon!! - Promise)

I would definitely recommend doing this with a sponge rather than tissue though.. The blending is a lot easier and the results are generally better. But for my first proper attempt I think this is quite effective!
- Like omg, I have the galaxy in my hands!!
 
Have you tried this before?
I would love to see your galaxy nails if you have, please leave URLs!
 


8 comments:

  1. These look lovely, I might have to give these a go :)

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool look can't wait to try it!

    http://alily-louise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow her nails look lovely I wish mine would get that long to do this

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look sooo good! I'm still yet to try this, but it definitely needs to be done! xx

    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was actually so much easier than I was anticipating!
    -xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cool nails! I must try them!

    http://in-my-sundaybest.blogspot.co.uk/

    XOXO Sade

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that MUA purple now :D This is a way simpler way. I did one but it's mad complicated. Sponged on loads of colours D: Here's mine..! http://benebelle.com/2012/10/23/notd-galaxy-nails/

    Lizzums xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanksss! I'll have a look now Lizzums :)
    -xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...