Wednesday 30 October 2013

Elysium Leeds | Menu tasteing



  Wowza, better late than never!
 
A fair few weeks a go now, I was invited by the lovely Tia Roqaa from RoqaaPR to an exclusive menu tasting at Elysium Leeds. Together with one of my fave little bloggers Sammie from Little Blonde Life & lots of new food blogging acquaintances, we set about testing what this new Italian restaurant was all about.
 
On arrival we were greeted by Tias Dad, the owner of Elysium, a lovely man who lead us to our reserved tables right next to a grand piano. Immediately we were offered complimentary drinks & a bottle of wine for the table before our food assault began.
Steadily the table filled with gorgeous plates of well presented nibbles. Each plate contained bite size portions of yummy modern Italian dishes such as; mini calzone, mini caprese - cherry tomatoes & mozzarella, mini arancini - rice, beef and smoked cheese balls shallow fried in a tomato sauce, selection of antipasto, mini bruschetta, and king prawns and mushrooms - marinated in garlic and basil. & finally a yummy platter with pork belly, smoked duck breast & a selection of cheeses.
 
I must say I enjoyed every single bite, in particular the mini arancini! The food coupled with a very nice few glasses of wine went down a treat. The ingredients were lovely and fresh & the service was very friendly, making our evening relaxed and enjoyable.
Although I did love the food, I was slightly confused after seeing the full menu, as I thought our evenings mini tasting didn't reflect the restaurants usual evening menu. - I would have liked to have tried some of the full menu dishes too.
 
I do however whole heartedly recommend you give Elysium a try, after what I've seen and tasted I'm confident any meal spent there will be relaxed, full of good food and run by lovely, helpful staff.
 
Elysium restaurant and café
66-68A Wellington St
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS1 2EE
Tel: 01132467664

Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
 

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...