Wednesday 2 October 2013

The Body Shop Make Over Event

 

Last week myself & Sammie from Little Blonde Life were invited along to a private seated makeup master class with the award winning Lan Nguyen-Grealis, The Body Shop head makeup artist at LFW Fashion scout!
I'm actually a self confessed body shop junkie, every month without fail you'll find me in there stocking up on my favourite body lotions, shower gels & body sprays. So when I received the invite you wouldn't believe how excited I was.

So, on the night after checking in & helping ourselves to a glass of bubbly & a little cake, we settled down at tables which were covered in pots of makeup samples we would later get to play with. I must say, like the makeup magpie I am, instantly I was routing through the pots to see what goodies we were about to sample - well, after taking some pretty pictures first of course!

We were then treated to an amazing smoky eye tutorial by Lan which was surprisingly easy to follow. I'm terrible at smoky eyes, mine always come away looking like a sad panda.. But I do think if I follow a few of the handy tips she gave us, it might be a more achievable look next time!
I also loved the how Lan was so enthusiastic about The Body Shop & you could tell he was really bought in by the products which made it all that more better when I sampled them myself & found them to be fantastic! - I've never bought the make up range before, I'm more of a soap & spray buyer, but I was blown away by how fantastic the BB cream was. So much so in fact, that I actually went back the following day & bought it for my holiday!

The rest of the night was spent drinking more champers & playing with all the cosmetics on the tables, I re-applied my foundation with the fantastic BB Cream, re-flicked my eyeliner & also experimented with two tones of lipstick.
I must say, their cheek & lip tints are fab too! - Sammie applied this to her cheeks & it gave a lovely rosy glow. & then teamed with the highlighter pen, I could see why Lan was so excited about the products!

All in all the night was a very enjoyable experience & I'm so grateful to The Body Shop for welcoming us & putting on such a lovely event. & even more thankful for the goody bag jam packed with things to play with too, reviews will be coming soon, so thanks again for being so generous & accommodating Body Shop Leeds!

What is your favourite Body Shop product?
Have you tried their cosmetics range?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...