Monday 1 October 2012

Au Natural!

 
So I've been a complete numpty and forgot to bring my makeup to Doncaster!
But after much deliberation (and a lot of moisturising over the weekend) I've decided that maybe the natural look doesn't look too bad!
 
I was brought up in an environment that made me believe makeup was key to make you look beautiful, Its always been a horrific thought to be seen in public with a naked face.
I was even scared at first to show my natural side to The Creature during our first few months of dating! -crazy-
 
Natural Vs Makeup (& extensions)
 
On an average day my makeup is relatively simple, although I hate not wearing makeup, I do tend to keep it minimal during the day.
- Foundation, powder, blush, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil  & mascara -
Nothing too exciting.
 
However after slinking round with a bare face all weekend I've really began to appreciate how  clear my skin is.  I have a naturally creamy and almost translucent in colour skin, but I've never, not even as a teenager, experienced acne - Something I know I'm very lucky to have avoided.
I of course do have the occasional spot, & its usually a monster. But for now I'm relishing in the fact I have clear skin while its on show in all its white glory.
 
I think after this weekend I could quite easily go to uni without wearing foundation.. Although I must admit, I would cave very soon without any mascara or my eyebrow pencil.
My blonde facial hair is a serious annoyance & seeing myself without eyebrows or eyelashes is just plain strange to me!
 
So what do you think of the natural look?
& would you bare natural for all to see?
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Your skin is stunning, I am a bit jealous :) I suffer from the chronic illness known as blonde eyelashes too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a pain! I'm seriously debating paying to have them dyed.. But considering its a lot more expensive than mascara.. i'm not entirely sure
    & Thank you so much :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty without all the make up (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you so much!
    On reflection I think I look really young haha! but its done my skin a world of good :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most days I can't be bothered to put make-up on especially if I'm with my boyfriend as he doesn't really like me wearing too much as 'I don't look like me' but if I have uni early in the morning all I do is draw on my eyebrows and a lil bit of liquid eyeliner, mascara and blusher and good to go! I never wear foundation but I think this is more of a lazy thing opposed to anything else!!

    effytalkslife.blospot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a serial offender for wearing too much. I have a medium coverage foundation but I think sometimes it looks too heavy for the day.
    I only throw on some powder around the fella, he says the same. He calls me china doll when I'm all dolled up!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to
    do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. cheers
    Visit my webpage ... salon inglewood

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did the graphics myself, but the general layout was sourced from BTemplates.com its called 'extreme surfing' I think.
    I'm no good with HTML but I can use photoshop & the likes pretty well
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...