Sunday 30 September 2012

AmaZene hamper goodies review

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win my first ever twitter competition, receiving a luxury hamper courtesy of @AvocadoBrother
 
Image taken from hampergifts
 
The hamper itself was worth £80 & the products definitely reflect that.
not only are the products I have tried so far of a high quality, the quantity and size of the tubs are really generous.
(oh & the teddy - I named her  Ava - is super cute too)
 
So far I have tested out my berry candle (which smelt yummy in my room) my hand towel, which is a really thick fabric & really plush.
I have also tested out the body scrub and shower gel. which I'm going to tell you a little more about now.
 
(once again apologies for the lack of quality picture)
 
Avocado & Andiroba body scrub
RRP £11.95
 
AmaZene describe the product:
"Avocado is one of the most easily absorbed natural oils and is transported deep into the tissue to form an excellent emollient and skin moisturiser. Combined with Andiroba, a tree found in the Amazon region, it creates an effective skin renewing agent.
These incredible exfoliating scrubs will stimulate the whole body. Gently massage into the skin as part of your beauty routine to leave you feeling rejuvenated and looking radiant."
 
I LOVE body scrub.
So you can imagine how excited I got when I saw this sat in my hamper. The texture is quite sandy and grainy, but when rubbed on your skin doesn't feel harsh and washes away really easily.
Although the texture is grainy, (as expected with a scrub) I'm pleased to say it's also got a lovely creaminess to it which helps sooth your skin.
 
I will however say that the smell doesn't blow me away. Its a very subtle fresh smell, but doesn't linger on the skin.
As a scrub, the results are fantastic, my skin felt absolutely amazing afterwards.
But as you can imagine, avocado isn't a very strong scent so if you prefer to emerge from the shower smelling fruity and fresh, maybe team this with your usual shower gel.
(alternatively there are more scrubs available on the Amazene website in fruity scents)
 
 
 
 Avocado & Andiroba bath & shower gel
RRP £6.95
 
AmaZene describe the product:
Avocado is one of the most easily absorbed natural oils and is transported deep into the tissue to form an excellent emollient and skin moisturiser. Combined with Andiroba, a tree found in the Amazon region, it creates an effective skin renewing agent.
Our SLS-free bath and shower gels are the perfect start to your day. Packed full of natural and organic extracts, they gently cleanse and tone whilst invigorating the senses.
 
I really do hate writing reviews where I'm sort of sitting on the fence about a product, but I really can't make up my mind about this one.
On one hand I love the feel of the gel, it seems to work well with my skin & works in harmony with the scrub with its soothing qualities.
 
It's a silky texture (bordering on slimy) - best applied with a shower sponge.
 
But again like the scrub, smell wise, it's not blowing my mind.
I'm privileged enough to have been given these products for free and I'm certainly going to continue to use them, but I wonder if maybe a combination of the avocado scrub (for its excellent absorption qualities) teamed with one of Amazenes other fruity products, like the Papaya & Acerola gel instead (purely for smell) might be a better combination.
 
 
All in all, I'm enjoying using the products I've received & definitely reccommend the brand if you haven't tried them before.
The products are actually reasonably priced (around the same £££ as The Body Shop) & I really rate the overall quality of what I have tested so far.

Still waiting to be reviewed are the hand washes (I got two of the same) & the soap bar.
The bath salts and bath bomb may be somewhat problematic... Because I don't have a bath, so it may be a long wait to review that one!
 
I never got any of the lotions or body butters in my hamper so I'll be buying some of them for myself soon & will review them asap! I'm hoping they're as good as the scrub -fingers crossed-
But I'll be sure to buy one of the fruitier options to save on negatives about lack of smell!
 
Have you tried any AmaZene products?
What do you think of them?
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning a giveaway :) I am never so lucky haha! I have never heard of AmaZene.
    I am a new follower btw :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first thing I've ever won & I'm now hooked on entering them!
    Keep entering doll I'm sure you'll get lucky sooner or later :) plus its free to try so why not :D

    Thanks so much for following too :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little pack looks so cute! I never win anything I enter haha well done! :))

    Terri xo - littlegoldstars.blogspot.com
    if you were following me before please do again, I've lost all my followers :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know right! The teddy and towel were nice touches too :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely prize. I've never heard of this brand before now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me either, I was surprised that considering the quality I haven't heard about them before. But they don't tweet much either :/
    But take my word for it, they're really good quality :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reviews, the little bear was a cute touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! :)
    & I know, it was lovely

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...