Saturday 27 October 2018

Denim Dilemmas & Ochre | Next haul

 It's officially my favourite time of year!
Baggy jumper season is upon us and I couldn't be more thrilled.




Lets talk denim. Like most ladies, I find shopping for the perfect pair of jeans a nightmare! Previously I have been a lover of New Look and Dorothy Perkins jeans because of their lower end price and decent fit. However I've recently gone off the fit of DPs and I'm finding New Looks to be hit and miss, especially with the lengths in their petite ranges for both brands. I have VERY short legs, and find that in most brands even petite isn't short enough. For instance in Newlook, I get petite ankle grazers - which still fit me past the ankle!
This time I have tried Nexts petite range of jeans - These were just £18 each making them cheaper on average than DPs and NL and they came in 6 different shades. I decided to order 3 pairs in a lighter washed blue, a mid-blue and a ripped style in black. As you can see from the photo above, they fit perfectly and are very comfortable! I'm so surprised that the length is actually perfect for me - No roll ups needed! I'm really pleased with my choice in colours too, I think they're all going to fit my autumn wardrobe perfectly, and I'll definitely be taking them away with me to Edinburgh later this month!

Big this season is the Ochre trend. You'll see lots of yellow toned products being pushed on most retailers websites and Next is no different. The colour itself sums up autumn, rich and suits almost everyone - Except me! I don't know if it's my hair colour, my skin tone or what, but yellow tones wash me out completely, so I have been at a loss as to how I can incorporate this gorgeous colour into my wardrobe. Until I saw these amazing patient loafers on the Next website - Footwear is a great way to add a pop of colour to your outfit and these look great with my new jeans & a chunky knit jumper. 
I actually own these shoes in patient black too, which I have had for a while, but I didn't know they came in other colours until I had a spot of online shopping last week. They also come in navy, berry and patterned dogtooth. 

I've been really impressed with Next recently. It is usually my go-to brand in the summer for cute cotton/linen basic dresses. However their autumn game has been strong this year and I'm looking forward to receiving another package soon featuring some teddy-borg cuteness and more chunky knits!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...