Wednesday 3 October 2018

EasyHotel & Yee Rah | Liverpool

Sunday nights in Liverpool are a steal for hotel bookings, with many offering rooms for less than £40 a night. Living just half an hour from Liverpool, we often take advantage of the low price rooms whenever we can get a Monday off work for a cheap date night. 



The easyHotel is a fairly new addition to the budget hotel scene in Liverpool. Classed as Super Budget, you can book a room here for as little as £9.99 per night. 

What easyHotel say;
"Just a two minute walk from James Street train station and a 10 minute walk from the Albert Dock’s museums and restaurants, this modern budget hotel is an ideal city location in Liverpool’s financial district, perfect for business and leisure travelers who want to be at the heart of this vibrant northern city."

This isn't the first time we've stayed with easyHotel, we have in fact stayed at their Liverpool and Manchester branches previously pulled in by their super low prices. On this occasion I paid £30 for a standard double room with a window although we have booked rooms in this hotel for less than that during previous trips.   

Firstly, you should know that the rooms are this cheap because of how basic the accommodation is, each room is small with an en suite and towels provided. However there are additional daily charges for things such as Wifi, use of the television, luggage storage etc. The hotel is even pet friendly for an additional £10 charge per night.  So you get an idea of how the charges could potentially add up if you took advantage of all the amenities. 

Our room this time was surprisingly larger than anticipated. Our first stay in easyHotel earlier this year was in a small double room without windows - In which we had barely enough room to move and we had issues with the bathroom plumbing. - Not great.

I must say though the beds are very comfortable and the location is spot on for anyone wanting to visit the Albert Dock or shop in Liverpool One. 
In summary I think this hotel is perfect for a one night stay for anyone needing a comfortable crash pad. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to someone looking to stay in Liverpool for a prolonged period or looking for luxury, unless they weren't planning on spending much time at the room. But it is perfect for a 1-2 night break for a sight seeing getaway or a night out crash pad. 

We booked though booking.com but you can visit easyHotels website direct here.


Yee Rah is an Asian inspired wok & grill restaurant located at the top of Liverpool Ones shopping centre. Offering 2 for 1 across all classic cocktails all day Sunday - Friday the drinks menu is great value for money. We opted for a classic Bellini, but couldn't decide between peach or strawberry, however the bar staff kindly let us have one of each of the flavours without having to order 4 drinks. 

I love Asian inspired food, so the menu at Yee Rah was a mine field of tasty sounding dishes. Eventually however  we settled on some spring rolls to start (which were eaten before I could get a photo!) a side of bread, balsamic and oil - which I know isn't very asian but.. I just love carbs ok? 
For my main I ordered the Sea bass choo chee, "a Sea Bass fillet cooked in a light crispy singha batter covered with an aromatic thick curry cream sauce and a sprinkling of shredded kaffir lime leaves and pac choi. Served with jasmine rice or fries."

Ok, so what I got wasn't exactly what was described above, I ordered mine with chips (wanting the carbs of course.. and to soak up the curry sauce) but I was brought rice, which is fine, I like rice too and the staff were more than happy to get get the chips for us. The sauce was absolutely delicious too, but I wouldn't have described it as a thick curry cream. It was more like a thin Thai red curry, very fragrant and light. I also didn't get any pac choi, this was swapped out for a few pieces of broccoli underneath the mammoth piece of thickly battered fish. Now here's where it all went wrong, I can only assume that the fish had been cooked in oil too hot for the thick coating of batter, as the outside was crisp but inside were large chunks of what felt like just cooked spongy pancake. I ended up pulling the soft sea bass from the batter and eating it separate. 

Basically I feel like I didn't exactly get what I ordered, I do like broccoli and the sauce was good, but it was essentially a different dish to what I ordered and the fish was just disappointing. A real shame because the chicken and beef teriyaki fajitas my partner had were insanely good, as were the starters. 
The staff at Yee Rah were great though, very friendly and happy to help when I asked about the missing chips - So I can't fault the service. I think I would go back to Yee Rah based on the fact the fajitas and drinks were delicious and great value for money. But I wouldn't order that sea bass dish again. 

You can visit their website here

Have you ever been to Yee Rah or stayed in an easyHotel?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...