Wednesday 4 April 2012

Wishlist | 10 highstreet bags & clutches


Apologies on not posting as regularly as I usually do, but it is coming up to exam period and revising politics is needing far too much time and attention unfortunately! 
So to get me back into the swing of things, lets start off with a collection on bags that have been taunting my credit card for the past few weeks!
 
______________________________________________ 

 
 River Island - Navy stripe oversize padlock bag
£50
River Island loves - I on the other hand ADORE. As most of you already know I'm obsessed with navy blue and anything stripy so this bag is possibly one of the most perfect creations I've ever seen.
£50 is a pretty decent price too which is why my heart weeps when i have to make the decision between my food shopping or this must have accessory!
However if like me you are a bit skint this month, there is an alternative available from New Look for £14.99, so if you're willing to swap leather for canvas, then this bargain may be the one for you.


 
New Look - Disney Micky shoulder bag
£39.99
 
Now I appreciate this bag wouldn't be any usual fashionistas choice. But the child in me just loves this bag, and seems as I'm a bit of a Micky and Minnie enthusiast, this bag really needs to be purchased sooner rather than later.
But it's not just the Disney theme that has caught my eye, I'm also a big lover of the rule Britannia trend so the combination of my childhood fave character and the union jack has just got my magpie senses into over drive!

 
River Island - Dark beige stud and fringe oversized bag
£150
My heart weeps at the price tag on this stunning bag. I realise I've been favouring River Island a lot lately but the truth is that they have displayed some of the hottest fashion trends this season and I am definitely hooked!
Fringing has been a continuous trend popping up year after year, especially as we move into the festival season. Although I wouldn't recommend taking this beauty into a muddy field, as alternatives are readily available in all good high street stores.


 
Topshop - Lady stud bow bag
£25
Lilac is a major trend for the spring and summer months and is personally one of my favourite colours at the moment. This little beauty can be used as a shoulder satchel as well as a clutch which makes it even more attractive and at a perfectly acceptable price.
So for any of you who love those pastel shades and are partial to studs or bows, this is the perfect bag for you!



Matalan - Bright charm crochet bag
£6

What a bargain! This bag is just so cute. Crochet is a gorgeous weave and perfect for your summer bag collection, especially if you're planning on going on holiday this summer. And for £6 you can't really leave it behind. Matalan have loads of understated but classic bags perfect for holidays or day trips out with the family or friends. So get online or into your nearest store to find even more brilliant bargains!

 
H&M - Marni. Bag in transparent plastic with two cotton handles
£14.99

A little different, but the colours are really unusual and would make a great statement piece if worn with creams. H&M have a great range of affordable fashion, and I must say I'm partial to a day time bag from there quite often.

 
Miss Selfridge - PROJECT Stud Bucket Bag
£45

Usually I stay away from the plain black bags, there's nothing I like more than a brightly coloured statement piece, but I'm loving the unusual bucket shape of this bag. Miss Selfridge has been somewhat of a disappointment for me this year as I have not seen anything that I fancy in there for a while, but Huddersfield is a rather small store and the website is better stocked.
So if like me you're ever disappointed by a stores lack of buys, make sure you check out their websites (its more exciting)

 
Next - Get The Look Structured Bag
£22

This bag is a perfect example of how to bring an old bag back to life. Of course this is perfectly affordable but if like me you're strapped for cash, buying a cheap scarf from the likes of H&M or even a charity shop can revive any old bag and bring it back to bang on trend.
Why not try teaming a neutral coloured bag with a brightly coloured fabric to create an interchangeable fashion statement. One bag, several scarfs.. Fashionable for any occasion.

 
Dorothy Perkins - Fiorelli, Brown flapover shoulder tote
£65
Fiorelli is one of my favourite handbag designers and are totally affordable if you're looking for that one perfect handbag that will last you for a lifetime. And not only can you purchase these lovely bags from Dorothy Perkins, they are also available fro a fraction of the price in a massive range of colours from TK Maxx!
And this particular bag is right up my street. I adore brown leather bags, and my usual day to day bags would be very similar to this one. So in short, I best get saving for this must have!
Asos - Nude feather clutch
£25

Yeah, I know.. I couldn't leave out my love for feathers! But c'mon this is an absolute stunner of a clutch and what a bargain! Asos is a fantastic website if you looking for that special accessory to go with a knock out outfit. The sheer magnitude of garments and designers is staggering. But that just makes it that much easier nabbing this seasons biggest must haves before they reach the high street stores.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the river island fringe bag! Why does it have to be £150 though? not sure my student loan can stretch to that haha.

    Great blog - love the layout!

    Thankyou for following me on twitter - following back and on here!

    Would be great if you couls check out my blog and follow if you like it!

    Becca x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've followed your blog too, lovely layout too.

      & I know I was totally gutted when I realised how much it was.. I often make the painful decision between fashion or a weeks worth of food, and unfortunatly food won on this one :( The fringing is just stunning! Bah :(

      Thanks again for following and commenting too,
      You're a diamond

      Kerys x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...