Saturday 15 September 2012

Kerys tries retro

 
I promised last month that I would begin to experiment with vintage styles and although I love them, I'm not having much luck trying to re-create them for myself. - Shameful for a beauty blogger I know.
But recently I've been making small changes to my makeup routine and although subtle, I think my transformation into vintage style is gradually coming together.
 
 Only since my photoshoot with Boudoir Superstar have I really fell in love with red lipstick.
I requested a very classic vintage sort of look when I arrived into hair and makeup, and the makeup artist gave me creamy skin tones like porceline, golden eyes and pillar box red lips.
This picture is very much my usual day to day makeup, foundation, a small amount of blush and rather than eyeliner, I line my top lid with brown eyeshadow for a softer look.
& of course, the new addition of red lippy!
 
Taking the makeup artists tips on board with using golden tones, last week I bought this pallet from Superdrug.
Metallic colours are bang on trend right now, and although this is damaged, I thought £2 was more than reasonable! - And to be fair only one colour is smashed.. I can certainly deal with that.

Rather than rolling with the fake tan, I've stuck to the au natural look and turned back to the pale side.
Mama is thrilled, she loves my porcelain skin (peaches & cream she used to call me), although I think the Creature isn't amused, he's definitely more of a fan of the tan. But this is me, in all my white glory.
Personally I love the contrast of my skin against the red lipstick and the subtle golden tones on my eyes. This time however I've used my black eyeliner to create a flicked look on the top lids.
 
My next challenge will be to experiment with my hair, attempting some 40's & 50's styles.. But with me being a serial hair extensions wearer, I find it really stressful doing anything remotely complicated with my hair. Wavy or straight - That's what I can deal with.
But I will try, and hopefully I'll discover a new and exciting style that'll convince me faffing with my hair is worth while :)
 
What do you think - Shall I boycott the fake tan from now on? or are you a lover of the tan?
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Love your makeup here - your lips look amazing! And your skin looks totally flawless, I think paler skin suits the vintage look you're going for :) xx

    kw-justlikeheaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks :) its must easier to maintain to be fair. Fake tan for me is so time consuming and I cant just put one layer on, it has to be several to get any sort of colour!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im loving your take on vintage makeup i think you look beautiful :) think i might have to try this myself hehe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely gorgeous! You say retro, I say porcelain doll. Only thing i'm missing are curls haha.
    You really rock them red lips! :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! - happy to know everyone accepts my paleness!

    I'm doing actually dressing up as a porceline doll for Halloween!
    - so that'll be interesting :P

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see that! Don't forget to post pictures! :)
      Your paleness is beautiful. I wish pale looked good on me. Ah well, luckily for me there are selftanners :)

      X

      Delete
  6. Well I love fake tan, but I'm seriously that pale that its such an effort to keep it up.. So I think I may just save the tan for the occasional night on the tiles!
    I'm sure it does suit you, it'll just be a shock at first because you're so used to the tan :)

    Oh & I will :D I love halloween, I'm getting a full crushed velvet victorian style dress and frilly socks etc. Not doing this costume by halfs :P


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not using that much fake tan haha. I use just a little so i'm not reflecting anymore. I'm really pale, the lightest colour foundation is usually too light for me. With tan i can use the lightest and 2nd lightest colour :)

      Oh woww!!! I can't wait to see that! I think it'll look amazing. Especially because you have a classic and a doll face :)

      X

      Delete
    2. I mean the lightest colour is normally too dark for me haha :)
      X

      Delete
  7. Oh right :) I see, & haha 'reflecting'
    I completely understand that,
    I went the beach over the summer and my fellas dad told me my skin was almost silvery & translucent! (Y) cheers dude!

    & aww thanks, it's gonna look pretty freaky. Might even get some brighter blue contacts so my eyes look doll-like too :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really love reading them all and will try my best to reply to all comments ASAP. If you need to ask a question and want a faster reply then please email me at kerysdumigan@hotmail.co.uk or tweet me at @kerysmarie

However please be aware, 'follow for follow' comments will be kindly deleted. Please just leave your blog URL and I will visit your site/return a comment.

Thanks again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...